First Look At New Art Work!

Subscribe to Carol Chretien - A Spot 4 Art
Email:

Sunday, April 29, 2012

When the Muse Takes Over...

You never know what will present itself!


DETAIL VIEW
UNTITLED WORK IN PROGRESS
CAROL CHRETIEN
***
Sometimes you struggle. Sometimes you work for what seems like days...
then you have those times every Artist knows where you hold the brushes and 
something else just seems to take over.

After working all day on some detailed paintings that really have to have somewhat accurate angles and such I was about to stop for the day and then much to my surprise ....my hand reach for a canvas and all of a sudden there was a LION staring back at me.

This is what I mean by the Muse just doing her own thing. I had NO intention of painting this Lion today or any day in the near future. I have a bunch of in-progress paintings of Urban Scenes that I am ambitiously working my way through. I have been thinking about paintings with beaches and children playing...
BUT...today this majestic Lion...this King of the Cats decided he needed to appear here.

So there you have it. He is going to be quite wonderful...no thanks to me! 
I am just a cog in the wheel.
I am doing my job by showing up.
***
as with all my work this year...
it will eventually be offered at 100% donation to a rescue when ready to go.
***
you just never know...but isn't it nice to be able to still be surprised?
HA HA!
truly.


No comments:

Post a Comment