First Look At New Art Work!

Subscribe to Carol Chretien - A Spot 4 Art
Email:

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Painting away....progress?

Work In Progress....

This is the 3rd stage of a formal portrait of FOLEY it is 14x18 oil on canvas and I have been working away on 8 different pieces of art including this one. I feel like I am making a dent now on this oil...It is for a special purpose. And it is my great honor to do it.
I will post the finish and his story when it is done.
***
When painting a portrait it takes a different kind of concentration and patience with myself.
You need to appreciate the stages...take time to evaluate the details...and in the process you do develop a bond with the subject.
While I have rarely met the subjects of portraits in person, I have gotten to know some of them through their people.
While I paint them I am aware of what their loved ones have told me about them so I have that reference point that I always hope adds the extra ingredient to the meaning
behind the work. People trust me with these captured moments of their most beloved pets
and that is pretty amazing stuff to me.
I haven't taken this work lightly. The deeper and deeper into these waters I venture, the more I appreciate the impact it can make for healing, or uplifting and to even help the rescuers who save some lives they find hanging in the balance in shelters ....it is very humbling to me.
...
Happiness is having a chance to say it with paint!
***
STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment