First Look At New Art Work!

Subscribe to Carol Chretien - A Spot 4 Art
Email:

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Best Time of My Day - FIRST LOOK!

SOLD
BEST TIME OF MY DAY
8x10
oil on canvas
Carol Chretien
***
Anyone who knows a Dalmatian KNOWS this expression...this is the "listening to my Dad's footsteps coming home" and after that very still moment....an explosion of pure dal exuberance and welcome.
I have not painted many dals recently as there have been other artists doing wonderful paintings of my favorite breed and it was getting to be too much of the same.
My good artist friend Vernita Bridges-Hoyt recently finished a Dalmatian in landscape that blew me away and if my walls were not well covered in my own Dal collection I would be buying that new one of hers! YIKES!
(but I confess I do have one of her Dal puppy oils in my studio to inspire me!)
So...I broke out this little piece of Spotted love on my easel to get me in the Dalmatian Painting mode in preparation for a couple of Dalmatian Commissions and get my head and hand back into the Spotted Zone.
it will help DRTB when it is sold
They Rock!
****
The newest oil for DALMATIAN RESCUE OF TAMPA BAY...
One of my very favorite groups who do so much for so many!
Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Carol, thank you so much for your wonderful compliment on my Dal paintings! Coming from an accomplished artist as yourself, it means a lot to me. This new one of yours is going to be another wonderfu spotted painting of yours. You just get better and better no matter what subject you touch. You know if it were in my budget, I would be collecting ALL of your rose paintings. I do love that one I do have. You rock ... and so do the animal rescues!

    ReplyDelete