First Look At New Art Work!

Subscribe to Carol Chretien - A Spot 4 Art
Email:

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Wrapping up some loose ends....

....before the next season begins.
You may have seen some of these in progress and now they are pretty much completed (with the exception of the Dalmatian, Mercury, in the center) which is soon to be done, just need a little drying time between sessions.
The studio is humming along today and nothing is getting in the way.
"FOLEY"


"Portrait of Foley"
Is a gift to the Friends of Bristol Animal Shelter who do work in my local area.
They lost their beloved mascot unexpectedly earlier this year.
My philosophy is that Art is Therapeutic and helps heal hearts.
I hope they can place the painting in an area of their shelter that does just that.
***

"MERCURY"
This painting is for a friend who is missing her wonderful Mercury.
He passed over the Rainbow Bridge recently and is in the best company you could ask for.
I have a little more to do to finish this up but made some real progress today and thought I would share it.
There needs to be one more pass to it to finish it up and be able to send it off.
I met Mercury when he was a youngster and rescued by a loving family.
He got along great with my Lizzie and it was my pleasure to be able to meet him in person.
***
"CLEOPATRA"
This painting was one of the prizes donated to the JRT fundraiser.
Over the years I have done many "win a custom painting" fundraiser.
This painting was a lot of fun for me to do.
And if you would like to read about the org:
Russell Rescue, Inc.
A non-profit rescue that works coast to coast and has many regional chapters.
Love Jack Russells?
check them out and rescue a dog!
***
In between these paintings I am hard at work for
ART HELPING ANIMALS
painting for our rescues!
***
AND NEXT....
THE CHRISTMAS COMMISSIONS!
if anyone is contemplating the gift of art BEFORE the holidays
BOOK EARLY ...
LIMITED NUMBER of BOOKINGS AVAILABLE.
JUST A THOUGHT!
stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:11 PM

    Mercury looks great! You captured that look in his eyes. That look we called quiet regalness. I think Jeannette said something like that first. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete