First Look At New Art Work!

Subscribe to Carol Chretien - A Spot 4 Art
Email:

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Daily Painter...Art that helps animals...

...does not have to be only "animal art" as you can see if you have been following along with this blog and the work posted for sale on ART HELPING ANIMALS and my own site.

I also post my artwork twice weekly on The Daily Painter's Gallery site and the work is not always animal themed...but if and when sold, homeless animals will benefit by a donated percentage of every sale of my work.
Most of my pieces sold to help rescues are very small pieces painted as quicker studies and made available for animal art collectors.
Many affordable small pieces have been painted and sold in the last few years with great success.

I have painted some larger and more involved oils that have hung in shows and exhibitions in galleries. The prices of those oils are reflective of the time that has gone into painting them, sometimes over weeks on the easel. They are painted on hand-stretched canvas with many layers of glazing to obtain the light that I aim to acheive that comes from within the painting.

Below is a painting that was done a few years ago, it is framed and has been hung in a regional art exhibit. It received an honorable mention in its category.
A Gathering in the Square
12x16
oil on canvas


It remains one of my favorite paintings for light and atmosphere and the way non-human objects can suggest their own story of what might be happening in their secret world.
At least that is my take on things or my point of view.

I have several paintings that I have rarely made public, this is one of them. It is available framed.
Please feel free to email me if interested. Visit my site for other work that is available. Links are found to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment