First Look At New Art Work!

Subscribe to Carol Chretien - A Spot 4 Art
Email:

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I love New York.... to paint especially!

UPDATE!: this painting has sold
SHOWS, SHOES AND THE CITY

just off the easel...
This little 8x10 oil on board was inspired by one of my snap shots taken on a past trip to the big apple.
I find that I love painting city scenes...they are more impressionistic in style, looser for me and more fun to add bits and pieces of color and information.
This painting is offered to assist the Northern Rockies Regional Office of the Humane Society and can be found on Ebay.
When you paint this type of subject or any scene really you don't realize how you become part of the location while you are painting...I lose myself in the artwork as I paint ANYTHING but when it is a landscape or cityscape you really are inside the scene until you put the brush down. At least that is how it is for this artist. It makes traveling in the studio something defying time and space.
A new city scene is in the works and on the easel.
Coming Soon...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment