First Look At New Art Work!

Subscribe to Carol Chretien - A Spot 4 Art
Email:

Saturday, July 17, 2010

And so it goes....

As the minutes tick by with me watching my hiatus from the studio fade off into the sunset,
the latest reference images for new work are arriving, as we speak, into my mail box.
***
Like the painting above...I feel wistful.
I have enjoyed the time I carved out to get our home refreshed and in order and that lead me to exploring many other areas that also needed to be simplified and downsized:
Menu planning, reviewing budgets and savings goals, just having time to know what the heck is in the pantry and freezers...
I have found the timesaving of "tweets" and Facebook status updates very helpful with online time management.
I'm finally doing responsible things like reviewing insurance policies and making wills and wrapping up "grown-up" issues that are overdue on our end.
This was definately the year to redefine my whole environment and personal growth goals and find time to reorganize the details of living that will make this last third of my (our) life a bit more manageable.
You find yourself just at that age when it is time to "take stock" and really do the work on what needs to be done.
So now, when I am back in the studio I am not letting all the other things I need to keep up with get lost in translation.

There had to be a better way to reign it all in, sort it out and have some sense of flow. I think I have achieved this ...not perfectly, but I can at least see it all.
***
I will be painting on a regular basis soon. I am sure at first it will feel funny being back on "the job" with purpose and structure.
Many new subjects waiting to be explored with oil paint. I am excited to get back to making art with passion. All the pieces of my life are moving into place for the next game to begin.
August is on the way.
***
I look lovingly to Fall...my very favorite time of the year.
see you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment