First Look At New Art Work!

Subscribe to Carol Chretien - A Spot 4 Art
Email:

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Inspiration....YO Adrianne!

You just KNOW you are going to have a great time with this crew!
This pic was taken just before we took off on a walking tour around the city.
The little whipper snapper in pink on the far left (Mom) kept up with everyone ...80 is just a number she says!
***
Most of us know the message of the " Rocky " movies... to keep going, to keep trying your best to be better no matter what roadblocks life can put in your path. My Hiatus from painting is coming to an end and I found some things to feed my Muse while I was away.


I just returned from a fun family vacation to PA, particularly the Philadelphia area.
Thought it would be fun to show a few pics of what inspired me.
I had my trusty iPhone cam to snap a few shots and here are some of them. :)

***
The steps of the Art Museum was on our bucket list. Inspiration comes in the form of my Mom (the figure in pink) who just celebrated her 80th birthday climbing the steps with her grand daughters! (I stayed at the bottom to take pics ;o) )
People I know re-creating the famous training scene from the movie "Rocky"
***

Here is Mom again in the Independence Visitor's Center with her French Lieutenant...it was her idea to take this one. :)
The center is full of greeters in period costumes who stay in character.

***
Just one of the MANY fabulous pieces of art in Philly. This one is near the art museum and it was incredible.


***

I just like to call this one "The Three Graces"... my glass flowers (!)...my beautiful nieces. They are my heart!
Just before we got on the most fun ever duck boat tour.
Ask for Capt. Stormin' Norman if you get to go! I'm STILL laughing.

***

One gorgeous shot inside Indepenence Hall. As I say...I am inspired!

***

This gem is where the founding Fathers did their work ...everyone should visit the city where so much began!
The chair on the dais to the left is the one George Washington used while they worked on our rights.

***

Some shots of the very beautiful city of Philly. Wonderful architecture. My Mom (in pink) and cousin are the little figures to the left of the statue...look at the size scale!

***

More of the beautiful architecture showing juxtaposition of Old & New design.
City Hall on the left.



Another view of the City Hall. It has statues carved into all the alcoves and ledges around the entire building. So beautiful.



I hope I get a chance to see this city again
We had a wonderful time in Philadelphia.
Big thanks to my brother who sent us off on this trip he surprised us and joined us on the last day :o) ...great blessing to be able to all be together and enjoy it with my Mom!












No comments:

Post a Comment