First Look At New Art Work!

Subscribe to Carol Chretien - A Spot 4 Art
Email:

Monday, February 16, 2009

Halfway through February!

I can't believe how fast the time is flying. It goes faster every month. I have been working on a couple of different canine commissions and getting close to completion. And have several waiting for me to start. All have a donation to charity attached to the work.

Why does it take so long compared to work I do for rescues and charity?

It is such a different approach to painting when I am doing work that is specific and most important to match expectations from another's viewpoint. The goal is trying to find that "something" in a static refernence image(s) of someone's beloved animal that combines the artistic vision I have designing the work with the intimate knowledge about the pet that the client has. This needs to be a translation in oil paint to the one who knows them best.
In other words...trying to see the animal a bit through their eyes.

No two people see the same thing. It is very gratifying when I am told that I captured THEIR much loved or missed companion. It makes the slower approach to the work worth the time that goes into it.

I paint these oils in layers and while the layers are drying it gives me time to study what I have done and where I need to go next with the piece. Sending off updates when there is something to show helps me hone in on the finished work making changes if needed before it is signed off.

Below is a near finished piece currently on the easel, two Mastiffs now at the Bridge, who had the blessing of living their lives, once rescued, with love and dignity


Below in previous posts the work for charity sold to help the rescues they were listed for.
As always, thanks so much for helping homeless animals.


No comments:

Post a Comment